THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN BUILDING A THE WOODLANDS OUTDOOR KITCHEN
Closing up your pool for the winter can be one of the most depressing times of the year. A pool, for many, symbolizes the leisure and laziness of summer, and closing it up marks an acceptance of impending winter. On the other hand, opening a pool in spring can be one of the most exciting days of the year, a sign of good times to come. Here are five steps to observing while opening and treating a pool for spring.
1. Remove the debris from the pool cover: Unless your area experienced an unseasonably warm and calm winter, chances are that your pool cover has born the brunt of the rough weather. Dead leaves, dirt, and excess water from melted snow can be just a few of the types of debris littering the top of your cover. Before opening a pool, clean and dry the cover so that you can store it away without worrying about mold or mildew. You can use a cover pump to collect the snow melt and debris into an easy to clean up pile or puddle.
2. Check the water: Most pool specialists recommend that you leave the water in your pool all winter long, no matter how cold it gets in your area. If you followed this directive, your next step is to gauge the water level and check the water for impurities. In order to start treating a pool for spring, you will want to vacuum out all of the dirt and debris you can from the bottom and sides of the pool.
3. Check the filter: You can only get so far in treating a pool for spring by hand. Your filter will help out nicely; just make sure you check all of the cartridges and valves after opening the pool to make sure that everything is in working order. If you removed and stored the pool pump and filtration unit, hook them back up to the pool system.
4. Replenish the water level: When opening a pool for spring, you may find that the water level is not quite where you want it to be. Once you start filtering the pool system, drag your hose out of storage as well and start refilling the pool.
5. Check the chemical levels: The last step to opening a pool in spring is the actual treating of the pool water. Run your usual chlorine, alkalinity, and pH tests and add chemicals when necessary to get the water back to a safe chemical balance.
About Regal Pools
Regal Pools is an experienced custom pool builder serving swimming pool owners in The Woodlands, Spring, and Cypress, Texas. From new pool construction in The Woodlands to Spring swimming pool renovation, Regal Pools is your Cypress pool design expert. Regal Pools is also proud to offer existing pool owners swimming pool service, pool equipment upgrades, and outdoor living consultation in The Woodlands, Spring, and surrounding North Houston suburbs. As an experienced custom pool builder we enhance your backyard living lifestyle by creating your dream outdoor living space. From your pool to your outdoor kitchen, it all comes together in one cohesive design for the ultimate backyard living experience.
Check out our fire features (such as fire pits and fire bowls), pergolas and cabanas, outdoor change rooms and washrooms, custom water features like fountains, waterfalls and grottos, and custom decking and outdoor living spaces.
To learn more about Regal Pools’ reputation for excellence in swimming pool construction, please visit the website, read our testimonials, and view our swimming pool, outdoor living, and pool water feature galleries. Contact us today at (713) 922 5111 to schedule your complimentary pool design consultation!
Proud A&A Dealer
As an A&A Manufacturing dealer, Regal Pools is proud to bring you the most innovative pool solutions on the market, including the A&A In-Floor Cleaning and Circulation System. This state-of-the-art system uses patented technology to deliver energy savings and automated efficiency that no other system can. Now you can have the pool of your dreams without the hassle of daily upkeep! By leveraging the power of Venturi Technology, A&A’s In-Floor System cleans and circulates your pool automatically so you can have the hassle-free pool you deserve. Download your copy of the Hassle-Free Pool eBook to learn more!